Looking for a mid-sized SUV can be overwhelming. So many to choose from and typically you stick with a brand you know and trust. Where you can go wrong here is missing out on a really good vehicle because you don’t know about it or don’t want to venture out of your brands. I would’ve never picked the Kia Sorento as a vehicle of choice till I had it for a week to test drive. First day of driving it and I was sold!! Loved everything about the Sorento and was hoping that they(the fabulous car people who let me test it) forgot about me so I could keep it forever! !
Kia Sorento in Titanium Silver
SXL 2.0L Turbo Gas Direct Injection 4-Cyl Engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission w/ Sportmatic
Independent Front and Rear Sussension
Full-Time AWD w/ Lockable Center Differential
19″ Alloy Wheels
The car was fast! Horse POWER! Yes, it was a turbo so what did I expect? But it was so nice to get on the freeway with ease. I felt like I was driving my BMW again. The Sorento is lower to the ground then your typical SUV so parking is easier and you do feel almost like your in a car but you have the space like a SUV. Handling of the Sorento is great as well. Corners really awesome…. tight suspension.
Seats are very luxury compared to most that I have sat in. Very fitted so you don’t slip around just like most higher-end cars. Has heated AND cooling seats as well as heated steering wheel. Nice chrome gas and brake peddle too with rubber grips on them so your feet don’t slide.
Ok, here’s the fun stuff! It had everything you could possibly need except for a bathroom in it. Kids really liked the sunroof that was the whole roof of the car. Basically a moonroof for whole roof and then when you opened it, it was only sunroof on front seats. But they loved being able to look up at the sky.
Every time you left your car and locked the doors your mirrors on the side of the car would turn in so would make it easier and safer for cars parking next to you.
Loved when you put car in reverse you could see the rear camera display on the dash board. There is multi screen choices of how you want it displayed too!
How about this one… Driving along on the freeway and getting tired or distracted and hit that white or yellow line. A buzzer noise comes on letting you know. You have the option of turning this off but I love it. If you have your blinker on then it won’t go off since you’re changing lanes.
This is just a few things that this car had to offer. So many that I could probably write a book on it. I really suggest taking a test drive. I had the car for a week and still was finding new things.
Most important was that if fit a family of 4 with all of our football and cheer gear. Tons of trunk space. Lots of leg room for husband and I who are tall and very comfortable for all of us! I also loved the control of the car and how it handled on the road. They thought of everything when they made this car!!
The turbo Sorento only has a 2nd back row but if you needed a 3rd back row then you could get the V6 (without the turbo).
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags (1st & 2nd Row)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Blind Spot Detection System (BSD)
INTERIOR, COMFORT & CNVENIENCE:
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Infinity Surround Sound Audio System
- UVO eServices Telematics w/ Rear Camera Display
- Navigation System w/ 8″ Display
- SIRIUSXM Satelite Radio w/ free 3-mo, subsription
- Rapid Charge USB Ports / Auxiliary Input Jack
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Front Headrests w/ One Touch Control
- Premium Nappa Leather Trim Seating (1st & 2nd Rows)
- Power Adj, Driver’s Seat w/ Power Lumbar Support
- Memory Driver’s Seat Position
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Push Button Start with Smart Key
- Heated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Drive Mode Select (DMS)
- Premium LED Fog Lamps / Rear LED Lamps
- Panoramic Roof with Power Sun Shade
- Heated Outside Mirrors w/ Turn Signal Indicators
- Chrome Roof Rails
- Smart “Hands Free” Power Liftgate
- 10 Year/100,000 Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty
- 5 Year/60,000 Mile Limited Basic Warranty
- 5 Year/60,000 Mile Roadside Assistance
**Ask Dealer for details on warranty
(In addition to or in place of standard features)
Merlot Nappe Leather Seat
SXL Technology Package
- Xenon HID Headlights
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Surrond View Monitor
- Smart Cruise Control