Saving money is not always fun. When you have it you like to spend it. But when you need it you don’t have it. However, once you start a savings plan and have been saving for awhile then it starts to add up and can be addicting. Kind of like losing weight… beginning is painful and you don’t see much results.
So you create a plan. A $5 plan. Create a container of some sort to save in. Next, every time you have a $5.00 bill in your wallet you donate to this container.
GOAL & TIPS:
- How much money do you want to aim for?
- What do you want to use this for? Vacation, Personal item, Household things, etc…?
- Let the family know so they can take part on it as well (is are you the only one going to enjoy the reward?).
- Place it in a safe place so strangers, kids, etc… cannot see it.
- Remind yourself of why you’re doing this by even cutting out a picture of your goal and taping it to the container/jar. It can be easy to dip your paws in there when you need some cash.
- Don’t be afraid to add more if you want but no taking back once you put it in there.
START ONE FOR YOUR KIDS:
This is also great to start for your kids. Sure they might have a wallet but if its in their wallet they are likely to spend it. Ask them what they want to save for. Try doing the same thing with them. Could even be just quarters depending on age.
Saving money doesn’t have to be hard just a commitment.