Skylanders are fun for the whole family! I love how you can purchase inexpensive characters to create new challenges. Kids love going to the store and choosing their favorites. Now they have brought back one of my favorites… Donkey Kong!
So many options and very family friendly. Do you want to be a girl, a funky creature, something with a shield, fly, etc… options are crazy! My kids have these bins that they put them all in (I would like to see them on a display shelf someday). But they will dump the bins and go through them as they are playing the game. Changing characters every few seconds. Fun to watch!
The Superchargers has just come out and the #1 kids console franchise is trailblazing the Toys to Life category by introducing vehicles to life – playable both within and outside of the game. Players can explore Skylands via land, sea and sky in the adventure mode, co-op play, and our newest addition, head to head racing! Additionally, you can now take your Skylanders adventure with you for a true on-the-go experience via iPad, and for the first time ever, with iPod, iPhone and Apple TV!
As you are playing through, You might hear a few familiar voices. Actors Josh Duhamel (High Volt), Brittany Snow (Splat) and Neal McDonough (Astroblast) voice characters this year.
Skylanders SuperChargers delivers more ways to play than ever before:
- Single-player Adventure Mode
- Online and local co-operative Adventure Mode
- Local 2-player head-to-head racing in split screen (offline)
- Online competitive racing with up to 4 players playable in land, sea, and sky environments
- Includes time trials and lap races
- Voice chat can be activated with friends
- Optional expansion packs will be available upon launch (September 20th) to unlock extended content and will come with three toys (a SuperCharger, their signature vehicle, a villain trophy)
- A dedicated combat racing game, Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, will be made available on Wii and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo guest stars: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser and their respective vehicles will debut on Nintendo platforms
- Additional star power includes voice overs from noted celebrities Josh Duhamel, Brittany Snow, Neal McDonough and more!
“Remember when you were a kid and pretended that your toy cars came to life, zooming around your living room on the most epic racetracks of your imagination?” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Well, we are about to bring that fantasy one step closer to life with Skylanders SuperChargers. We are reimagining toys-to-life by bringing race cars to life, along with helicopters, motorcycles, jet planes and submarines, as you race through Skylands and compete against other players for the first time. Our fans are going to love playing this game. I know I do.”
Skylanders SuperChargers is forward compatible with all 300+ unique toys from all previous games – Skylanders® SWAP Force™, Skylanders® Giants, Skylanders® Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders® Trap Team. The game will be available on September 20 in North America, September 23 in Australia/New Zealand and September 25 in Europe.
For more information please visit https://www.skylanders.com/ or follow us on Instagram @SkylanderstheGame, Twitter @SkylandersGame and Facebook.com/SkylandersGame.