Do you like to decorate for the holidays? Have gatherings for football parties? Or would like to change the lighting in your home depending on the mood your in? Philips Hue lighting can do that for you all from your phone. Now you can change the lighting to your team colors, switching the lighting to whatever holiday it is, match the colors of your birthday party, even play music and the lights will sync to it!
I was sent the Philips Hue A19 starter kit plus the Hue Go personal wire free smart light to try out. We love playing around with the lights and changing the colors all from my phone.
By connecting you Philips Hue to your router you are able to download apps the Hue app on your phone to create fun colors of lights. Otherwise the lights will just be white(normal). Just turn on your light switch and then access your app on your phone.
Experience a new world for home lighting and transform the way you use light by adjusting colors, timers, alerts and more from your phone or mobile device. The bulbs, accessory lights and bridge work with your Wi-Fi to let you create mood-setting color schemes, or enjoy the right light setting for reading, relaxing, concentrating and many more. You can also easily maintain an automatic schedule while you’re vacationing – so that it looks like you’re home.
· The new Philips hue White and Color Ambiance Starter kit (former generation 1 starter kit but improved)
I’ve been having so much fun with these lights! Every night I’m changing the colors of them to my mood or what movie we’re watching. I can see this being a lot of fun for gatherings like football games or holiday parties!! Super fun for the kids when you do the music apps and the lights flash to the music and change colors too!
- Works with Apple HomeKit (iOS users) so you can control your lights with Siri voice control on your iPhone. Turns your existing hue lights into HomeKit controllable lights and discover exciting new use cases through 3rd party homekit apps that also control door locks thermostats and more.
- Also OpenHome certified, so you can create your own ecosystem
- Installs easily, the A19 bulbs have been upgraded from 600 to 800 lumens, providing brighter light
· The hue Go is a portable, completely wire free smart light that offers a lot of versatility for any lighting need
What I love about this is that you can move this anywhere in your home. If your kids need a nightlight, want to set the mood in a room, power goes out, themed gathering, etc… Lasts up to 3 hours unplugged. Just press the button underneath to change the color of light and hold the button down for a bit to turn it off. Lay it down flat to look like a bowl or tilt it to shine on wall.
- Take it or put it anywhere: plug it in or carry it with you with up to 3 hours of rechargeable battery life
- Although Hue go is not waterproof, it is designed to withstand high humidity.
- Control your way – with the on/off switch on the light, or via the hue app (hue bridge required)
- Use it as personal reading light in a dark room, create bright lighting in a room with little existing lighting or no electrical outlets, use it as a kid’s night light, or take it outside to provide ambience on the patio
- hue Go helps you to wake up fresh and energized in the morning with deep dimming. The gradually increasing light intensity gives you the feeling you are waking up from sunrise – gently and naturally
- Offers 5 patented “natural dynamic effects”: Cozy Candle, Sunday Coffee, Meditation, Enchanted Forest, and Night Adventure. Each dynamic effect has its own mix of colors to set the right mood.
- Simply connect it to your Hue bridge (available separately, but included with A19 the starter kit)
· Overall for hue lights:
- You can manage hue lights from your smartphone or tablet and all hue lights work together. The free iOS- and Android-compatible app lets you adjust colors, brightness and functions without leaving your seat. Create a hue account to access your lights remotely by app or Web browser
- Get the full functionality of the Philips hue app when connected to the Hue Bridge – adjust colors, set timers, notifications, alarms, geofencing and more
- Choose from preset light recipes or create your own with 16 million colors – create and save scenes using your favorite photos as palettes
- Choose from fine-tuned shades of white including the soothing “Relax” setting, the vibrant “Energize” setting and more – no need for buying different white bulbs
- Create custom schedules: program your lights to match your routine, from gradual sunrise every morning or automatically illuminate your entranceway at sundown, to movie night settings
The router I was sent was the Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included – new and exclusively at Best Buy.
This router is fabulous! I have a 5000 square foot home and I can now take my laptop everywhere in the home and connect to Wi-Fi. Before I would have dead spots in my home. I needed THREE routers and still wouldn’t be enough. In the box comes with a DST adapter that you plug in somewhere in your home, away from your Nighthawk router. Giving you more range of Wi-Fi. You can also purchase another one if need to but so far the one that it comes with seems to be working great for me.
The Nighthawk is a brand new router that was exclusively developed between Netgear, an industry leader in the networking world, and Best Buy, to help provide consumers with an easy, all-in-one solution to support their home’s connected devices. As the number of Wi-Fi dependent products increase in a home – the average US household has 7 “connected devices” – from smart phones (often several in a home), to tablets, to laptops, to computers, and Wi-Fi printers, this puts a strain on the home’s network, especially the router. With the interest in online gaming and 4k TVs, connected devices such as smart thermostats, plus the need to stream shows from Netflix or hulu, it places even more demands on the network. Many households may experience slow Wi-Fi, dropped calls, or experience “dead zones” – which could be improved upon with an “AC” router, Wi-Fi extenders and expert help.
- The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones.
- This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming
- See additional fact sheets for both the Router and DST adapter
- Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year.
- The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.